But about to live on borrowed money, I’ve got the borrowed time thing down pat, now the money is another issue.
It all started when I filled out a non descript form saying I could have money to go to a conference that will take place in Texas. I would love to go not only for its my blog lifeline, young survivors like me. But also it would give me a chance to possible connect with at least one of my Moms with Cancer gals, if the moon align with the stars and the sun Simultaneously. But the problem is that my cost to get there will outweigh the scholarship money they are generously offering me.
So what do I do? Go, and give my only emergency credit card a big kiss and deal with it later? Is this the new American way, or put everything on lay away and find the funds between now and Feb to make it all happen. I am alway a pay as you go gal, but the monkey wrench is that I have to tell the scholarship folks by the 12 of January if I am in or out.
(Kenny Rogers song insert here- know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run)
I can’t be flippant about the money, I am sure it will go to some needy person closer. But I really want to attend and am sending out feelers now to see if any of you gals would like to share a room cost and live on texmex for a 3 day conference.
I have one splitting hair issue, I have never left my child alone, ever, not an overnight away, not a sleep over party, and at almost 4 am I sending her into an emotional scare zone just because I got a scholarship? Help me sort through this one, the clock is ticking.