* that I’ll worry and worry but still burst with pride when he gets his driver’s license.
* that I’ll see him graduate from high school, and I’ll be the most obnoxious picture-taking mom there (or one of the most).
* that I’ll be there as he goes through his college journey, and I’ll burst with pride all over again as he receives his college diploma.
* that I’ll watch him get married, if he so chooses, and I’ll dance a mother-son dance with him.
* that I’ll watch him become a parent, if he so chooses, and I’ll spoil any grandchildren that come my way.
* that I’ll be there for him in every way I can be as he re-evaluates again and again what adoption means for him.
* that I’ll grow old with his dad.
I must believe. I must.
Cross-posted to Just Enjoy Him.