I follow LIVESTRONG on Facebook, and today their status was:
What gives you hope?
I find that a fascinating question. Hope is an elixir for those of us with terminal diseases. At least it is for me. I don’t know what I’d do without Hope; I don’t know how I’d live a full life without Hope. I can list many things that give me Hope and will probably omit some, but I’ll give it a try.
1. God and His continual grace
2. Prayer — mine and others
3. Energy Boy — wanting to stay alive to see him grow up
4. Absent Minded Professor — his love and support
5. Other family members — their love and support
6. Good, loyal friends — ditto 🙂
7. Good appointments with my oncologist
8. Knowing that with some people, this becomes more like a chronic disease, something to be managed.
9. Having a lot of treatments for my disease, as my oncologist tells me.
10. Research into the disease and hope for a cure someday.
11. Uplifting music.
Like I said, I’m sure there are many more, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.
You don’t have to be a cancer survivor to need hope — everyone needs hope in their lives. What gives YOU hope?
Cross-posted to Just Enjoy Him.